There are many fine things in the great state of Vermont; maple syrup, Shawn White, Jay Peak, the Burton factory, Phish, and cows, to name a few. There are also lots and lots of reggae fans. Big reggae fans-- ones that would establish an annual international reggae festival. It's practically the official state music. During a recent trip up for some snowboarding, I was reminded of just how much reggae you can hear coming out of cars, bars, gondolas, and ski shops, and houses. Here's a collection of some good ol' reggae---just like what comes out of the green mountain state, heavy on the early dub, with a few Trojan classics, and a few modern dubs.
- Lee Perry - Bathroom Skank
- Boy Friday - Virgin Girl
- Augustus Pablo - Kid Ralph
- Twilight Circus Dub Sound System - Achou
- King Tubby and Friends - Chapter of Money
- Tapper Zukie - Man A Warrior
- Susan Cadogan - Fever
- Once11 - Bottled Paycheck
- U Roy - Your Ace from Outer Space
- Mafia Allstars and King Tubby - Don't Think about Me (I'm alright)
- Scientist - One Man Dub
- Ladyman - Sexy Beast
- Lee Perry - One Armed Boxer
In Vermont you can do what you want!