Wednesday, August 10, 2011

London Riots

There's a lot of horrible things going on in the world today. Pointless wars, famines, recessions, murders, and religious fanaticism, just to name a few. I'm sure by now you've also heard of the many riots blanketing the city of London. Not saying I have my priorities straight on this post, but as I think about music a lot, I've been thinking a lot about the Sony warehouse that contained stock for many, many independent record labels. You can see a list of the labels here.

This is a rare post, a call for action----please get off of rapidshare, torrent sites, etc, and buy an album, digitally. There are a lot of great artists on a lot of great labels who really could use our support right now, and it does not take much from each of us.

Boomkat has a tidy page that explains things, and provides a list of affected labels.

No comments: