Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Dang In Dub 2: The Curse of the Black Ark


This Upsetters dub mix was created a few years ago my Mr. Trick, for Rhythm Incursions ...still love it today. I've been playing it while working lately so I figured I would pass it on..Dang in Dub 2!


From the original post:
This is my personal selection of the finest Upsetter dubs from Lee Perry’s legendary time in his Black Ark studio. As a mix, this one is straight-up: 100% live off my 45s (replete with skips, crackles and more!), armed only with a reverb unit and a space echo to aid blends in true dancehall style. These tracks speak for themselves: heavy heavy dubs that can be enjoyed on your walkman, on the stereo or preferably loud as hell in your backyard via some homespun yard system comprising guitar amps, 12″ bass cones and god knows what else.

No comments: